The Primary Goal of the Sociopolitical Studies Program:
Ensuring the study of social challenges that face the Jordanian community and presenting in-depth analyses on the main issues that relate to and face policy makers; studying these issues in different aspects in order to change events in the community and its development for the sake of modification, organization, and developing national policy in social fields, sustainable welfare, and social tolerance for citizens; Ensuring integration of gender issues with public policies and introducing studies that contribute to enabling both men and women.
Primary tasks for the program:
1. Preparing international studies, research, and reports by observing social revolutions and global, regional, and local challenges of the future. Presenting in-depth analyses of related socio political issues, components of social structure, and other related political issues like poverty, youth, women, education, and others. Studying the impact of this on social justice, social integration, and social welfare.
2. Conducting studies and observing emerging shifts and variables about possible integration of gender issues in public politics, national strategies, and support programs for equality between genders in fields like education, health, economic opportunities, political opportunities, and refined skills and building capabilities. The aim is to make positive necessary changes to the relational framework between the sexes including social roles, the empowerment of women and men in a fair, sustainable, integrated process.
3. Preparing strategy books in social fields that relate to Jordanian and Arab issues that are included in the goals and interests of the center.
4. Researching related fields, focusing on gender and its relationship to public policy on local and Arab platforms; Contributing to support of the accumulation of knowledge and the development of the environment, allowing the growth of networks of knowledge among scholars.
5. Holding research on other issues that are related to women like womenís topics in Arab societies and the Jordanian womenís movement
6. Working on a platform for dialogue and exchange of views on gender at domestic and regional levels.
7. Organizing events like conferences, workshops, seminars, and visits to debate politics and social issues, including gender issues in Jordanian and the Arab world; Contributing to gaining support for directed social policy and empowerment for Jordanian and Arab men and women through policies that answer the needs and demands of citizens. The this end, choosing major events, professors, thinkers, and specialists that best serve it.
8. Covering events that relate to social policies, gender, and public policy by analyzing and commenting on them.
9. Drawing research projects to the center that are linked to the program and that are possibly locally or internationally financed. Proposing required projects and programs, financed research opportunities, and coordination with the management of finance and those concerned with it.
10. Publishing reports and books and providing copies, studies, activities, and topical information in fields where the programís studies and analysis were conducted such as womenís affairs and gender equality.
11. Spreading awareness of the opinion of the Jordanian public on gender for sake of clarifying the concept of a gap between the sexes in Jordan and the Arab world, focusing on the challenges and problems that cause the gap.
12. Contributing to preparing periodicals and annual reports on the achievements of the center.
13. Drawing research projects to the center that are linked to the work of the program and that maybe domestically or internationally financed and proposing required projects and programs.
14. Developing terms of reference for studies and research related to the programís work and its requirements.